A-bien's still the president. Lucky bastard. Maybe it's not the time yet, there's a time for everything and I just hope when it's time, Taiwan will be ready and prepared.
tonight the ladies shared their frustration in regards to their S.O. (significant other)'s family. As I sat there and listened all I can think of is "wow this is so strange, weren't we just 15 giggling about boys yesterday and now we are talking about bf/fiance and their families?" Of course that's when I sat quietly nodding my head, partly due to the headache and partly to show that I'm listening and trying really hard to relate. I always fall behind when it comes to matters of the heart... I'm somehow always emotionally under-developed. Or Emotionally closed off (as well as physically)... but the advantage of being a late boomer is that I get to listen to everyone else and learn by observation. I cannot say I agree with all of their approach or mentality but it's really good to hear about it first hand. I think everyone will deal with a different set of issues but they are more likely to be similar than not, live and learn live and learn. It's just hard to say what I would do in that kind of a situation but then again, who knows if I'll ever get there. I'm glad to see that the girls are both really happy, despite the complaints. I can tell in their eyes that they are in love with their S.O. and that they are just trying to plan for their future. If my intuition still serves me right, S.Y will head down that road as soon as her financial concerns are resolved and A.D.L hopefully, will have everything planned out and set in stone by end of this year.
As for me, no complaints. Number one concern is my career, and I think I better start looking for jobs and start attending all the networking events with ASID. I'm a member for a reason so why not take advantage of it. I just hope I'll land a job that not only sponsors, but will utilize me to my full potential. I want to be challenged and I need something that will offer me room for growth-- I am confident in my ability as long as someone's willing to give me a chance. I'm still debating whether I want to apply for an interior department in an architectural firm (such as MRY) or to go for an interior design company? I think my interest lies with something more architectural except I am not trained for it... but is that the challenge that I'm looking for or am I being unrealistic?
Seriously... I can't fail. I don't have the time or the money I cannot afford a mistake or fail in any way. I miss being an independent woman (minus the depression and anger and all that was negative) and I want to know that I've made the right decision, and that I will succeed. I hate not knowing... but I have faith in myself, I'll get there one day, just hope it's someday SOON. I can't wait, I have no patience.